Branch Health Clinic Indian Head- NSF
Branch Health Clinic Indian Head
4141 West Wilson Rd Bldg 1600 Indian Head, MD 20640
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Closed on Weekends and Holidays
BHC Indian Head is now part of the Naval Health Clinic Patuxent River family. The clinic is located on the Naval Support Facility (NSF) Indian Head.
We are committed to operational readiness, outstanding customer service, and always delivering world-class health care.
- You can see for yourself how well we are doing.
- Click on one of the links to learn how we measure our performance.
- One measure is not an indication of a facility's quality. Sometimes a smaller population can make a measure move pretty drastically from quarter to quarter, so don't be alarmed if you see a dip or a spike.
- If there is no data included with the description of the measures below, it may be because your facility doesn't offer that particular service or treatment.
- Some data is reported every month or quarter and some is reported once a year. Occasionally, a measure is no longer used. But we continue to provide the data from past years as a reference.
- The dates we report data may vary by measure. Measuring quality, safety, access and patient experience requires time to ensure data is valid and accurate.
- We report the same Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) used by many civilian health care practices to monitor quality of care provided in the MHS. Before posting HEDIS data, a National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) certified auditor reviews and approves the measure process and data.
- We report some of the measures in Calendar Year (CY) and some measures in Fiscal Year (FY). Calendar years begin on January 1st. Fiscal years begin on October 1st.
- If you have questions, please contact the Patient Administration office at your military medical treatment facility or a beneficiary counseling and assistance coordinator
Services at BHC Indian Head
Serving TRICARE Prime Enrollees & Eligible Beneficiaries with: Primary Care Military Medicine Pharmacy Dental care Laboratory Health promotion
Immunizations All ages from pediatrics through geriatrics
Serving all Employees with Occupational Medicine Medical Surveillance Certification exams Treatment, referral, and case management of acute & chronic occupational injuries & illnesses Occupational audiology services in support of the hearing conservation program Preventive services such as immunizations to prevent disease due to occupational exposure Health promotion
Health Promotion Tobacco cessation Healthy eating Diabetes monitoring Cholesterol monitoring Women's health Back injury prevention Stress management Men's health
Pharmacy Open Monday through Friday 0730 - 1100 and 1300 to 1600 EXCEPT closed Friday afternoons Most medications are filled locally & through NNMC Bethesda An automated refill line is available after hours All civilian prescriptions are routed to NNMC Bethesda for processing
Military Sick Call / Overseas Screener Military sick call for active duty - schedule same day or advance appointments Overseas screening for active duty & family members
Laboratory & Radiology Basic laboratory services
Behavioral Health Non-emergency behavioral health services