- City and Installation Guide (New)
- Installation Listings (new)
- School Liaison Officer-Andersen Air Force Base
School Liaison Officer-Andersen Air Force Base
School Liaison and Support Services (throughout Child and Youth programs): Through support from the School Liaison Officers (SLOs), this support service provides a variety of programmatic strategies and resources that help "level the playing field" for transitioning military-connected students and families. These initiatives prepare schools and installations to respond confidently to the complexities of transitions and provide families the assurance that their children's academic well-being is a priority.
School Liaison Officers serve as the primary liaison between community schools, commanders, and military parents. Represent, inform, and assist Commands. Assist military families with school issues. Coordinate with local school systems. Forge partnerships between the military and schools.
- Identifying barriers to academic success and develop solutions;
- Promote parental involvement and educate local communities and schools regarding the needs of military children;
- Develop and coordinate partnerships in education; and
- Provide parents with the tools they need to overcome challenges to education that stem from the military lifestyle.
SCHOOL LIAISON OFFICERS PROVIDE SEVEN CORE SERVICES TO ASSIST FAMILIES:
- School Transitions Services (PCS Cycle)
- Deployment Support
- Command, School & Community Communications
- Home School Linkage and Support
- Partnerships in Education
- Post-Secondary Preparations
- Special Needs System Navigation
Contact your School Liaison Officer for questions about schools in your current or next duty station. The School Liaison Officer Worldwide Directory can be found on https://www.dodea.edu/partnership/